It also provide information on your traffic sources, the keyword they use to find your site, content e.t.c. The setup involve in google analytic is very easy and straight foreword, all you have to do is to follow the instruction carefully.
How To Get A Tracking ID
Before anything can be done, you will need a google analytics tracking id, so let's get started on how to get that.
- Go to www.google.com/analytics
- Login to your google account
- Click "Sign up" button
- In the next page, fill in your necessary details
- Read there terms and services and mark/tick the confirmation box, to confirm your request
- In the next page, that's where you find your tracking id, your id will look like the id highlighted in the image below.
- Copy your id number and let's move on.
How To Implement The ID On Your Blog
- Log-in to your blogger dashboard
- Click on "Settings" > "Basic" (For old blogger interface), "Other" (For new interface).
- Enter your ID number in the Google analytics text box as shown below
- Click on "SAVE SETTINGS"
- Go to "Design" > "Edit HTML"
- Use ctrl F to find </body>, check above it, if you find the following code above it or something very similar to it including the word google analytics, then you don't need to add any code, just skip this stage.
It's built-in by blogger template such as dynamic and layout template, but if you are using a third party template, you might need to add the code if you don't find it, add the above code above the </body> tag
- Click "SAVE TEMPLATES"
Do you know that you can receive all our latest update directly into your email? To enable this simply subscribe to this blog, and share.