Before proceeding we assume you must have read how to create a google custom search box, after that, the first step for you is to create a search results page
How To Create A Search Results Page
- Log-in to your blogger dashboard (using the new blogger interface) to avoid confusion.
- Go to "Pages" > "New page" > "Blank Page"
- Enter Search Results as your page title and leave the content box blank.
- Click "Publish", view your page and copy the url from your browser address and save it in a notepad.
How To Get Google Custom Search code
- Go to http://www.google.com/cse/manage/all
- Click on "control panel" next to your search engine title.
- Click "Look and feel" link from the list of options at the left hand side.
- Choose "Two page" from the layout options as shown below
- For more customization, click "Customize", if you don want to use the New! Default style, you can choose from the varieties of options.
- Click "Save & Get Code..."
- Enter your search result page url which you copied in the first step, into where you are ask to "Specify search results details" as shown below.
- Click "Save Changes" after you have filled the two space.
How To Apply Code 1
- Open new window and go to your blogger dashboard
- Click on "Design" > "Page elements" > "Add a Gadget"
- Click "Save", and position your search box to your desired location.
How To Apply Code 2
- Now go to your search result page inside your pages editor, to edit it.
- Switch to "HTML" mode, copy and paste "CODE 2" in the html box
- Click "Publish", check your blog to see your google cse working perfectly well
Subscribe For Free Updates!
*Please confirm the email sent to your inbox after clicking "Sign Up!".