Meta tags are HTML tag that provide information about a blog. The meta description give a short summary of what your blog is all about to the search engine for proper indexing. In keyword meta tag, you must provide a keyword phrase relevant to your blog content. Usually blogger template is not well optimize with keyword and description, which will greatly affect your search engine ranking.
The problem about meta tags in blogger template was that, every articles you have writing so far will share the same code snippet, which search engine like google will consider as duplication of meta tags, so for you to avoid this, simply follow the few steps below.
How To Add Meta Tags To Your Blogger Template
The procedure below will apply your meta keywords to pages and apply your meta description to homepage only.
- Log-in to your blogger dashboard
- Click on "Design" > "Edit HTML" > back up your template
- Mark/Tick "Expand Widget Templates"
- Use ctrl F to find the following code
Copy and paste the following code below the code above.
- Replace PUT KEYWORDS HERE SEPARATED WITH COMMAS with keywords related to your blog content
- Replace PUT DESCRIPTIONS HERE SEPARATED WITH COMMAS with you blog description.
- Click "SAVE TEMPLATE" when you are done with your editing.
- Make sure your title tag do not exceed 60 characters
- Meta descriptions - 150 maximum characters
- Meta keywords - 200 maximum characters
How To Confirm Your Meta Tags
You can use the following online meta tags analyzer to confirm the different between your post pages url and homepage url.
subscribe to this blog, and check your email to confirm your request.
Subscribe For Free Updates!
*Please confirm the email sent to your inbox after clicking "Sign Up!".