Before the google custom search box can work for your blog/site, you will need a google custom search box ID, so let's get started with how to get that.
How To Get Google Custom Search Engine Id
- The first step for you is to get your custom search code, for procedure on how to do this, read How to add google search box to blog.
- After you have got your code, look for your id in the code given to you, we are only interested in the id, your id will look, something very similar to this: 004697161763279382635:f2dccf1y31k, copy the id and let's move on.
Search Box Code
The code below is the code for the search box which you will use.
- If you want your search results to show in a new window, simply add target="_blank" after id='cse-search-box' as highlighted above, but make sure you put space in-between.
- Replace 004697161763279382635:f2dccf1y31k with the id which you copied from your google cse code in the first step.
- Log-in to your blogger dashboard
- Click on "Design" > "Edit HTML" > back up your template
- Mark/Tick "Edit Widget Templates"
- Use ctrl F to find the following code
- Look above the code, you should see <ul>, if you don't find <ul> above the code above, keep searching by clicking "Next" on your search bar until you see a line where <ul> appear above it.
- Now paste the search box code After <ul>
- Click "SAVE TEMPLATE"
You might be interested in reading this:
subscribe to this blog and receive our latest post directly into your email.
Subscribe For Free Updates!
*Please confirm the email sent to your inbox after clicking "Sign Up!".