Using the google custom search (CSE) will also help you to improve your page views and impression, because readers will be kept busy with lot of your post after there search queries. installing the custom search is very easy, all you have to do is, follow the instruction given below.
How To Create The Google Custom Search Engine
- Go to http://www.google.com/cse
- Click "Create a Search Engine" at the top right hand corner.
- Fill out the form that appear in the next page with your details as shown in the image below
- After filling the form completely, click the "Next" button
- In the next window, choose from the default style or click "Customize" the customize your search box look as shown in the image below.
- Click "Next" button, and click "look and feel" in the next page as shown below.
- In the next page, choose from the style options.
If you wish to display your search box and results in the side, choose "Compact" from the options.
If you wish to display your results above post title and add search box to your sidebar, choose "Two column" from the options.
- After your selection, click "Save & Get Code..."
- You will be given your google custom search engine html code in the next page as shown below, copy the code and let's move to the next step.
Adding The Custom Search Engine To Your Blog Post ( Full-width)
- Login to your blogger dashboard
- Click on "Design" > "Edit HTML" > back up your template
- Mark/Tick "Expand Widget Templates"
- Use ctrl F to find <data:post.body> if you wish to add it below your post, or find if you wish to add it above your post.
Subscribe For Free Updates!
*Please confirm the email sent to your inbox after clicking "Sign Up!".